Program Dates and Requirements
The International Leadership Foundation (ILF) is pleased to announce that we will have a cohort of Civic Fellows for the *new* Fall 2021 term. We encourage undergraduate students of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and/or Pacific Islanders heritage to consider applying for the opportunity to work part-time (and remotely) for a federal agency.
In addition to their part-time federal internships, Civic Fellows will attend professional development workshops, speaker series and leadership training. ILF staff will also mentor and coach students through their internship program.
“One of ILF’s goals is to prepare and advocate for the next generation of leaders in public service,” shared Chairman of ILF Dr. Paul Hsu. “It is so important to increase exposure and understanding of civic engagement so that young leaders can take action to support their communities in relevant ways.”
Based on the interests and majors of selected Civic Fellowship candidates, ILF will help place them with federal agencies. We are currently identifying several agencies who have expressed interest in hosting ILF Civic Fellows for the Fall term.
– U.S. Citizens
– Full-time undergraduate
– Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
– Active participation in public and/or community service
– Applicants from a diverse array of disciplines are encouraged
– All official transcripts (can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– At least 1 Letter of Recommendation (can be emailed to email@example.com)
>> Recommender must include contact information and handwritten signature
>> Subject line must read “RECOMMENDATION – Lastname, Firstname”
– Completed application form (below)
Answering the Short Answer Questions
1. Why are you interested in becoming a Civic Fellow, and how do you intend to contribute to the program and your surrounding community?
2. Provide an example of how you have demonstrated leadership.
3. What are the public policy issues that interest you, and why?
4. Given the many challenges that face the APA community, what strategies do you recommend to better reflect the APA voice in national decision making?
Where to Submit Your Application Reqs.
International Leadership Foundation
Civic Fellowship Selection Committee
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20004
Recommendation, if emailed
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Professor/Recommender must include contact information and a handwritten signature
– Subject line and file must read “RECOMMENDATION – Lastname, Firstname”
Resume (PDF file) will be uploaded through application form.