The Washington D.C. Civic Fellowship is ILF’s primary program An intern(s) will be in charge of
- Promoting the ILF Civic Fellowship Program
- Developing/revising the Fellowship program book
- Communicating with candidates, answering to their questions under the supervision of the Fellowship Committee about the program
- Coordinating and managing a large class of undergraduate fellows (25 students)
- Liaising with federal agencies regarding internship selection and onboarding
- Planning and executing inter- and intra-organizational events for the Foundation and fellows with partner organizations (weekly seminar, intensive leadership training and workshops, social events/gatherings, conference and gala)
- Attending professional events on behalf of the Foundation’s leadership
- Providing mentorship to the fellows
- Managing all communications between Fellows and ILF staff, as appropriate
- Fellow Workshop & Training Coordination
- Assist in coordinating details of career fair, vendors, and participants
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
- Assist with designing and disseminating promotional materials.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list, manage correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep an inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Promotional Work
- Developing bi-weekly/monthly email newsletters using MailChimp
- Contributing to content posted on social media channels
Additionally, we are looking for interns who are interested and specialized in
- General Office Operations
- IT Management
- Event Coordination
- Social Media & Website management
- Marketing and Fundraising
PLACE OF WORK
- ILF DC Headquarters: The Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center,1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW #700 Washington DC 20004
WORK HOURS AND EQUIPMENT
- Tailored based on weekly event schedule/needs
- Interns are expected to attend and manage relevant events. Only on exceptional cases, will absences are approved.
- Equipment: Coordinator agrees to utilize personal laptop. ILF will provide workstation, wi-fi, flash drives, and printing options, with one shared desktop computer.
- ILF provides unpaid internships.
- ILF is an at-will employer
- A bachelor’s degree or student currently enrolled in school
- Fluency in Chinese is highly preferred
- Interpersonal skills, a self-motivated and independent individual
- A great writer
- Some of computer software/web/tech skills among: Microsoft Office Suite (including excel and publisher), Adobe Acrobat Editor, gmail, google docs, dropbox, wondershare video editor, cell phone apps, Mailchimp, Eventrbrite, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), dropbox, Canva, etc.
- IT coordination skills to manage our office’s computers, laptop, printers, copy machines, phones, and AV equipment