Intern with ILF
30% of Administrative/Secretarial Support:
- Assist in general office operations (buy and organize office supplies, answer phone calls, assist meetings, take notes of meetings, welcome/escort guests, reserve conference rooms, coordinate with office receptionists, order catering service, copy and print documents, receive and send out mails and packages, etc.)
30% of Writing/Communications:
- Interns will write and edit formal letters, press releases, newsletters, CEO’s speech notes, CEO’s recommendation letters for students and/or ILF alumni, program books, flyers, brochures, content for the Company’s website, and other publications.
- Interns will take a responsibility of developing the ILF website, writing posts, and managing social media outreach (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter).
40% of Event Management (for ILF Annual Conference & Gala and ILF local Advisory Board/Alumni events):
- Write and print ILF Annual Conference & Gala books, working with printing companies
- reserve a venue, take a tour of the venue in advance, set up the venue with ILF logos, marketing materials, and program books
- manage RSVP lists, create name tags and table numbers/names
- manage a registration desk and slides and AV equipment during each event, welcome and escort guests
- Interns will be encouraged to attend Company official events and meetings and be involved in networking
Additional service or amendments to the services described above may be agreed.
2. ILF is currently looking for interns to start immediately. But applications are processed on a rolling basis.
3. Place of Work : The Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington DC 20004
4. Work Hours
- 5 – 30 hours per week from now until May 31 (depending on your schedule and our specific needs)
- 40 hours per week from June 1 to July 31. However, work schedules may vary. During each summer, ILF has many evening and weekend events.
- From July 8 to July 15, 2016: should be available whenver our team needs you. From two days before our national gala, we work 24/7 to provide excellent hospitality with our VIP guests and members coming to the event.
- A sophomore, junior, or senior student in college – we do not accept high school students.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must speak and write both English and Chinese fluently.
- Be an excellent writer/editor and have experiences in editing formal letters, press releases, newsletters, policy papers, and/or speech notes.
- Design skills (Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Publisher, Photoshop) and web skills (wordpress, social media, google docs, mailchimp) are highly desired.
- Interests in Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, public policy, government relations, public relations, and/or non-profit.
- Prior experience in event management and logistics (i.e. catering, set-up rooms and A/V equipment, order banners and signs, welcoming guests) and office management.
- Contact: Please send your resume, coverletter, and writing sample(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.